Please submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission to help us stop fraud when you encounter the following
Source: consumer.ftc.gov Release Time: 09:32:48 2019-07-05
1. I bought a phone card with 350 minutes of calling time, but it cut me off after 20.
2. I'm getting bills for things I didn't buy. I think someone stole my identity.
3. The letter said I had won a sweepstakes, but I had to wire money to cover the taxes. I did and never heard from them again.
4. I responded to an add on line for a free trail offer. But then I started seeing charges for it every month.
5. I thought the email was from someone who saw my resume and wanted to hire me. But they asked for my bank account number. I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission.
You've spotted a scam. Don't keep it to yourself. Take it to the Federal Trade Commission by filing a complaint. What kind of complaint? The Federal Trade Commission is the nation's Consumer Protection Agency. So if a business doesn't deliver on its promises, or if someone cheats you out of your money, the Federal Trade Commission wants to hear about it.
Telling the Federal Trade Commission helps us stop ripoffs, scams, and fraudsters. Your complaints matter here. To file a complaint, just go to ftc.gov/complaint, and answer the questions. Or call That's all there is to it. If you've been ripped off or scammed, complain to the Federal Trade Commission. It can help put the bad guys out of business.
Other related stories
How to deal with unexpected unknown callsEvery day in the world, countless people lose money because of phone scams - from a few dollars to the savings of their lifetime storage. Some scammers will pretend to be your friends and talk to you in the name of your neighbor or friend, when their fraud has[…] 10:13:31 2019-06-26 Find out more
Warning that virtual kidnapping calls from Mexico are increasing rapidlyFamily member kidnapped in Mexico? If you get a call about your mother or brother or grandchild, or are shown a photo, most likely it's all fake. Criminals are doing their best to convince you that it's true, and to fork over cash to pay a ransom.
V[…] 05:06:53 2019-10-15 Find out more